Getting Care 24/7 in Tennessee

Know where to go for the care you need


Your healthcare needs don’t always follow a schedule. Learn where to go when you or your family needs care, no matter what time of day it is.

Your Primary Care Provider (PCP)


Your PCP is the doctor you’ll visit for most of your healthcare needs and is listed on your ID card. Your PCP will:


  Get to know you and your health history.


  Work with you to find specialists, treatment plans, and medicines when needed.


When you’re sick or hurt, always call your PCP first (unless it’s an emergency). If you haven’t seen your PCP before, call and make a new patient appointment as soon as you can. It's a good idea to make an appointment when you’re well to help your doctor learn about your medical history before any health issues occur.


You can change your PCP anytime.


  To find a PCP in our plan, use our Find Care search tool.


  To change your PCP, log in to your secure account or chat with a representative via Live Chat.

24-hour Nurse HelpLine


English: 866-864-2544 (TRS 711) | Spanish: 866-864-2545 (TRS 711)


24-hour Nurse HelpLine lets you call and speak with a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — even on holidays.


A registered nurse can help:


  Answer questions about health concerns.


  Find a doctor, urgent care center, or walk-in clinic.


  Schedule an appointment with your doctor or another doctor in our plan.

Urgent or after-hours care


An urgent medical condition is when care is needed for a sudden illness, injury, or condition that is not an emergency, but needs to be treated right away.


You may need urgent care if you have:


  Minor burns




  A very sore throat


  An injury from a fall


  Frequent vomiting


  A cut that’s deep enough to need stitches


  A fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit


  Muscle sprains, strains, or broken bones


To find an urgent care center near you, use our Find Care search tool.

Emergency care


If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room (ER).


Go to the ER if you:


  Have chest pains


  Have trouble breathing


  Are bleeding badly


  Are pregnant and have signs of harm to yourself or your baby like pain, bleeding, fever, or vomiting


  Feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else


Call your PCP as soon as you can after you get out of the ER or urgent care center. Your PCP can help you get follow-up care.

Behavioral healthcare


You don’t need to visit your PCP before getting behavioral health services. If you need help, call us at 833-731-2153 (TRS 711).


If you have a behavioral health, alcohol, or drug abuse emergency, go to the nearest mental health crisis walk-in center or ER right away. You can also call Mental Health Crisis Services at 855-CRISIS-1 (or 855-274-7471).