As a Wellpoint member, you get the following benefits—with no costs or copays, except for some prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs.
Wellpoint has case managers who support coordinating healthcare services for people with certain health conditions or special needs. If you need case management services, we will refer you to a case manager. Your case manager will work with you and your primary care provider (PCP) to set up a plan of care for your condition. You will also learn steps you can take to care for yourself. Case management services are for:
- Children with special healthcare needs
- People who are pregnant and for postpartum care
- People with HIV/AIDS
- Those who are homeless
- People with physical or developmental disabilities
- Children in state-supervised care
To learn more about case management, call Member Services at 833-707-0867 (TTY 711).
Home health with Alegis Care
Some health issues can make it hard to go to the doctor’s office. Certain Wellpoint members can get Alegis Care services from the comfort of their home, such as:
- Yearly health exams
- Diabetes screenings
- Child lead screenings
- Postpartum care follow-up
You may have gotten a letter in the mail or received a call or text telling you about home health visits with Alegis Care.
Call Wellpoint at 410-981-4000, ext. 106-125-2140, to learn more about home health care.
Your member handbook is your go-to-guide for health services. Read it to find out about:
- How to use your benefits
- How to choose a primary care provider
- How to get help if your doctor’s office is closed
- How to reach Member Services if you have questions
- Your rights and responsibilities as a Wellpoint member
Need a member handbook mailed to you?
- Let a Member Services representative know via Live Chat
- Ready to enroll? Need to renew?